Job Description for the Executive Director
The Executive Director for Women in Energy reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission of connecting and empowering women working in the energy industry.
- Help plan a long-range strategy which achieves the mission of the association and provide regular updates and reports to the Board.
- Conference and event planning:
- Communicate with all speakers prior to event via Zoom calls.
- Negotiation of contracts for speakers and meeting space.
- Provide leadership in developing programs that our members need for their personal and professional development.
- Fundraise and develop other avenues of revenue needed to support the mission of Women in Energy.
- Reach out to past and potential sponsors.
- Sit on all committees of the Association and set up Zoom meetings for committees and Board.
- Seek new benefits for the Association that fit our mission.
- Keep the Board fully informed on the condition of the organization and factors that might affect the organization.
- Publicize activities and programs of the Association.
- Make sure the website content is updated regularly.
Professional Skills Required:
- Solid, hands-on budget management skill.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of Women in Energy’s strategic future to its Board and members.
- Skills to collaborate with the Board.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interface and engage a diverse group of members from various states and job functions within the energy industry.
- Experience working in the energy field is a plus.